gEDA-user: Implicit terminal question

Hi

I just downloaded and installed the gschem tool suite.
I'm playing around with it and and impressed with whats
Been done so far. Great job!

I do have two dumb/simple questions?

1. Is this the right forum/user group to address user questions
   about the tool. Is there a newsgroup that I can read to
   look at archived questions if my question is already asked/answered?

2 I just created my first symbol. A 3 terminal NMOS_TRANSISTOR and
I ran into 2 issues.
A) I'd like the 4th pin (the bulk) to be an implicit connection to
ground.
To do this, I simply added a net=vss:B attribute in the nmos.sym.
However, when I gnetlist (spice or spice-sdb) the schematic I
instantiate this symbol
In, I get the following line in the netlist.
	M1 out in vss ERROR_INVALID_PIN
Am I approaching this incorrectly? How should I handle implicit
connections to pins?

B) Whats the recommended method of passing device parameters
  (like area of source/drain) to transistors. Currently, I'm
  creating new attributes "as", "ps" etc and things see to
  work but I figured there may be a better way.

/sri