Re: gEDA-user: Support for busses

On Sunday 09 November 2003 22:35, Bill Cox wrote:
> Logical vs. physical busses is an interesting notion that I'm not familiar
> with.  For example, a PCI bus could be very complicated, but at the top
> level, we could just call it PCI[145:0] (or whatever... I don't know the
> correct length).  Individual signals would be assigned through the bus taps
> at lower levels.  Is this right?

Hi,
sorry for answering late, busy at work.

Before I tell you nonsence I will check with the Cadence manuals more excact
on the logical / physical connection topic. I burned myself badly at one time
and have used physical busses ever since. Problem was that I never really
grasped what I did wrong before I discovered the workaround...

I'll come back to you on this.

Kind regards,
--
Svenn