Re: gEDA-user: What opensource spice to use?

I've used both LTSpice & tclspice.  LTSpice is undoubtedly the more
full featured of the two.  However, it is closed source & runs on
Windoze.  Not that that is a bad thing, it's just that my main
working platform is Linux.  You can run LTSpice under wine just fine,
but it isn't native.  I have never used 3rd party vendor models with
LTSpice, so I don't know how easy that is.

As for tclspice, I use it most of the time since I know it pretty
well.  (After all, I have been contributing to the project.  My latest
contribution was to integrate GNU readline into ngspice's CLI.  The
old CLI was kinda crufty. . . . )   It does everything I want it to do,
and I particularly like the feature that you can write TCL scripts
to automate a SPICE simulation.  I have used this to do complex
circuit optimization.  Ya can't do that with LTSpice.  OTOH, I can't
speak for the quality/modernity of the device models.

Good work on gnetman.  I will try it out soon.

Stuart