Re: gEDA-user: futurenet question

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 11:26:35AM +0000, Evan Lavelle wrote:
> Ferenc M?rton wrote:
> >><http://www.riverside-machines.com/pub2/CHIMP1.NV4>
> >

> >I got it, thank you. But it seems very different from what I have to
> >create. It must be an older or somehow different format, or something.
>
> Interesting. Mine is in NV4 format, but I do remember that there was a
> choice of formats. My guess is that the sample you posted is in NV2
> format. I used 3 or 4 subcontractors for layout, and they asked for NV4,
> so I always used NV4. It's also interesting that mine calls itself a
> 'netlist', and yours calls itself a 'pinlist' - I wonder if that's
> significant?
>
> Evan

well, you'll note that the 'pinlist' one is missing something fairly important,
the package/footprint name for each part.

I've written a NV2 netlister which I've placed at

http://www-mtl.mit.edu/~mcmahill/geda/gnet-futurenet2.scm

It seems to produce a NV2 pinlist although you'll see a list of open questions
at the top of the file.

I'll see about making a gnet-futurenet4.scm as well although i'd imagine it
will have a pretty good list of open questions too..

-Dan