Re: gEDA-user: Comments after successfully running gnetman . . . .

El mar, 18-11-2003 a las 01:14, Stuart Brorson escribió:
[snip]
> As far as the change goes, my thought was to create a 6th button on
> the attribute saying "enter value text" or something like that.  When
> you clicked it, it would give you a multi-line text entry widget where
> you could enter the attribute value.   This widget would pop up on top
> of the attribute edit box.  You would type in the multi-line text, and
> then you would click on "OK" in the multi-line text widget, and it
> would place the text in the attribute's value & return focus back to
> the attribute edit widget.

I made a quick test for you: I replaced the value text entry widget in
the multi-attribute editor window by a multiline text entry widget. This
way, you can enter multiline attribute values.
But the bad news is that gschem's behaviour is not what you want (at
least by now).
I place the spice directive in a schematic, double click on it and the
multiattribute editor window is showed.
Then, click on "value" property, and enter a new value (any two lines
text, for example: "line1\nline2"). Click on "change" button. The text
is changed in the attribute list showed in that window (despite it's not
shown in a properly way), but something strange happened in the
schematic window : the "line1\nline2" text should be displayed, but
"value=line1\nline2" is showed instead.
If I double-click again on the spice directive symbol, and I check the
attribute list, then I don't see any "value" property. A property
without name neither value is showed in the list, in the place where
"value" property was before.

So something more is necessary before you can do something like this.
The most important thing you will want is to load/save schematics with
such values, and from Ales's words I guess that gschem is not prepared
yet to do that.

Anyway, if anyone wants to play with this, I can send the whole tarball
or the diff.

Regards,

Carlos

Únete a los miles de sin pareja en Meetic... ¡te vas a enamorar!
http://www.iespana.es/_reloc/email.meetic