Re: gEDA-user: Comments after successfully running gnetman . . . .

> El lun, 17-11-2003 a las 22:00, Stuart Brorson escribi=F3:
> > I suppose that the spice-directive symbol could use some upgrading so
> > that you can type in multi-line text.  This is another one of my
> > wishes:  when you double click on e.g. the spice-directive component,
> > gschem opens up a text entry box where you can type in lots of text,
> > not just one line.  This, however, is a big project. . . . .
>
> I'm not so sure that will be a big project. Support for multiline text
> is in CVS. If you change the text entry widget to a multiline text entry
> widget in the attributes window, then I think the next step will be
> load/save multiline attribute values, but I don't think it will be so
> hard (as it's already done for multiline text).

Well, the major part of the project is for me to climb the learning
curve of how the code works, and how to create the widget using GTK+.
That could take some time . . .

I also need to figure out how to use CVS . . . .

As far as the change goes, my thought was to create a 6th button on
the attribute saying "enter value text" or something like that.  When
you clicked it, it would give you a multi-line text entry widget where
you could enter the attribute value.   This widget would pop up on top
of the attribute edit box.  You would type in the multi-line text, and
then you would click on "OK" in the multi-line text widget, and it
would place the text in the attribute's value & return focus back to
the attribute edit widget.

Or is there a better way?

Stuart