Re: gEDA-user: components will not join with gschem

> I'm a fairly inexperienced gschem user, I have a problem with one .sch
> file where I cannot get new nets, components or anything else to join
> the existing schematic.  I have snap toggled on and have tried various
> snap grid spacings.  I have no idea how I got it to stop working, I
> only fiddled with toggling snap on and off after the problem arose.
>
> I haven't drawn much in this file, I could quite easily just start
> again, but I'd like to know where I've gone wrong.  I can email the
> file to anyone who wants it.

I suspect one of the following:

*  The person who drew the symbol drew it with the snap off, and the
   pins are not on the grid.
*  You placed it with the snap off, and the pins are not on the grid.

Zoom in on the symbol's pins, and check to see that they lie on the
grid.  If they don't, you can't attach nets to them.

Stuart