gEDA-user: components will not join with gschem

Hey people

I'm a fairly inexperienced gschem user, I have a problem with one .sch
file where I cannot get new nets, components or anything else to join
the existing schematic.  I have snap toggled on and have tried various
snap grid spacings.  I have no idea how I got it to stop working, I
only fiddled with toggling snap on and off after the problem arose.

I haven't drawn much in this file, I could quite easily just start
again, but I'd like to know where I've gone wrong.  I can email the
file to anyone who wants it.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Peter.