Re: gEDA-user: Further troubles with FC4 install

On 11/2/05, Martin, AA6E <martin.ewing@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To complete this story, I couldn't get a full install on FC4, even using
> CC=gcc32 and CXX=g++32. Some library issue. That's not gEDA's fault, in my
> view.  Changing compilers is always a challenge.  This is the downside of
> trying to use a big application suite in a dynamic distribution like Fedora.
>  We are lucky that gtk+ 1.2 is still available.
>
>  In the end, the easiest thing for me was to install FC3 as a guest under
> VMware and load gEDA there.  Not the solution I really wanted, but at least
> I can screw around in this sandbox without fear of hurting my "production"
> FC4 environment.

Martin,

Wojciech Kazubski has some excellent RPMs of geda for FC4.  Why not
use those?  Then you can use your operating system's facilities to
install/uninstall/upgrade/track dependencies.  I was able to rebuild
his src rpms for FC2 on x86_64.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--
You think that it is a secret, but it never has been one.
  - fortune cookie