Re: gEDA-user: which linux?

Hi,

I tried so far Debian, Suse, Gentoo and Mandrive. I am using Ubuntu for
all my server/workstations and it works quite well.

For gEDA I compiled it to get the newest version but it isn't that
difficult, ./configure, make , sudo make install.

It is quite easy to begin with ubuntu as it doesn't require any special
configuration at the set up. Applications as OpenOffice, Firefox,
Gaim(IRC, MSN etc...), Gimp run out of the box. It uses the same package
management as Debian which is quite good. You sometimes even can install
packages for Debian, because they just took debian and made it more
userfriendly.

Lucas