Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb produces crap!

Hi,

> --- Urspru:ngliche Nachricht ---
> Von: Ales Hvezda <ahvezda@xxxxxxxx>
> An: geda-user@xxxxxxxx
> Betreff: Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb produces crap!
> Datum: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 21:51:37 -0500
>
> >When I load my netlist(generated with gsch2pcb) I get the following
> >errors:
> >
> >28: Error! Element R117 pin 2 appears multiple times in the netlist
> >file.
> >29: Error! Element C167 pin 2 appears multiple times in the netlist
> >file.
> >

> 	1) Posting an e-mail to a support mailing list with any
> 	   subject like "xxx procduces crap!", where xxx is virtually
> 	   anything, will _not_ generate any goodwill and will result
> 	   in people ignoring you.
 I didn't say gsch2pcb is crap, I said that it doesn't work with this
schematic. I looked into the netlist once again, the transistor wasn't
connected to the pin but it somehow still put it into a netlist. It works
for me, after I have positioned the transistor correctly.

> 	2) However, I'm a nice guy (but I have my limits) and I care
> 	   about the software, so spent some time looking into this.
Thanks!

http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php#gnetlist_has_created_a_netlist_with_duplicate_pins

> 	Long story short:  I am still trying to decide if there is a bug
> in gnetlist (really libgeda) that causes two nets to be created instead of
> one when you draw two nets that cross each other (but not connected
> together) and a pin connecting to the intersection of the two crossing
> nets.  Should the two nets be connect together with the pin even though
> the nets are not connect to each other?  Libgeda/gnetlist doesn't seem
> to think so.  Right now, I don't think so either, since you did not
> explicitly draw the nets to connect together.  However, I am interested
> to hear what other developers think.

So far, I can't programm C so I can't really do more than bugreporting to
the mailing list... IMHO I think it is stupid to spam mailinglist with bugs,
A good bugtracking system would be much better.
I recently just set up SVN & Trac for the Ronja project, you can browse
sourcecode online, compare revisions and submit bugs:
ronja-svn.wservices.ch
I really recommend that one could set up a bugtracking system, bugzilla or
trac would be good. If you don't have skills, time or whatever I can help
you. If you want to I could even host it.

I want to thank you developers all!! I couldn't imagine such a great
progress in Ronja without GPLeda! But I can't change anything if I send you
an email everyday that you software is cool. I think a bugreport would be
much more reasonable.

So don't think that I don't like the software, but I just want to ensure
that you know about this bug.

> See the above wiki entry for a workaround (change the connections to
> explicitly show which nets you want connected with what).
Ok, as soon as my X will work again I'll look at it.