Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb produces crap!

>When I load my netlist(generated with gsch2pcb) I get the following
>errors:
>
>28: Error! Element R117 pin 2 appears multiple times in the netlist
>file.
>29: Error! Element C167 pin 2 appears multiple times in the netlist
>file.

	1) Posting an e-mail to a support mailing list with any
	   subject like "xxx procduces crap!", where xxx is virtually
	   anything, will _not_ generate any goodwill and will result
	   in people ignoring you.

	2) However, I'm a nice guy (but I have my limits) and I care
	   about the software, so spent some time looking into this.

	3) In keeping with my desire to respond to all questions with
	   an entry in the gEDA wiki, here is a new one:

http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php#gnetlist_has_created_a_netlist_with_duplicate_pins

	Long story short:  I am still trying to decide if there is a bug
in gnetlist (really libgeda) that causes two nets to be created instead of
one when you draw two nets that cross each other (but not connected
together) and a pin connecting to the intersection of the two crossing
nets.  Should the two nets be connect together with the pin even though
the nets are not connect to each other?  Libgeda/gnetlist doesn't seem
to think so.  Right now, I don't think so either, since you did not
explicitly draw the nets to connect together.  However, I am interested
to hear what other developers think.

See the above wiki entry for a workaround (change the connections to
explicitly show which nets you want connected with what).

								-Ales

PS. Let this be a reminder to everybody to double/triple check all netlists!