Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb produces crap!

	Long story short:  I am still trying to decide if there is a bug
in gnetlist (really libgeda) that causes two nets to be created instead of
one when you draw two nets that cross each other (but not connected
together) and a pin connecting to the intersection of the two crossing
nets.  Should the two nets be connect together with the pin even though
the nets are not connect to each other?  Libgeda/gnetlist doesn't seem
to think so.  Right now, I don't think so either, since you did not
explicitly draw the nets to connect together.  However, I am interested
to hear what other developers think.

Here are my thoughts

1) gnetlist should never produce a netlist that claims a certain pin connects to two different nets. To me this is the difference between a netlist which may have not been what you wanted and a netlist which is flat out broken.

2) never, ever, draw schematics the way shown in the example. I _never_ use 4-way connections. By this I mean, don't draw something that looks like a + with a solder dot in the middle. Instead draw a single vertical line and offset the 2 horizontal ones vertically from each other. This recommendation goes all the way back to pre-computer era drafting. Visually, it is easy to miss seeing the solder dot or see one which isn't there (make a few photocopies or fax a schematic). Also, gnetlist isn't the only netlister I've seen doing somethng funny in such a case.

So to summarize, GIGO (garbage in garbage out), but I'd like to see the output garbage be self consistent.

-Dan