Re: gEDA-user: which linux?

Gene,

You just asked a very sensitive question.  Asking which distribution to
use is like asking one's religion.  There are no good or bad answers (most
of the time).  Some distributions have merits over others and vice-versa.

I prefer Slackware.

I suggest that you try the various different versions before sticking to a
particular flavour of Linux.  If you can get your hands on VMware
Workstation, you can install Linux in a Virtual Machine while running
windows.  Try out each distribution until you find the one you like.

Linux is just an operating system kernel and nothing more.  It is the
distributions that add more utils etc that add value to the entire
environment.

Good hunting,
Faisal