gEDA-user: openSuse 10.0

Hi
For everyone may be interesting here is my experience of installing gEda
to a fresh installed openSuse 10.0 from download ISO CD's.

Before install gEda i use Yast to install:
gcc-c++
guile

I download from:
http://suse.mirrors.tds.net/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS/inst-source/suse/i586/
and install using Yast.

gtk-devel-1.2.10-888.i586.rpm
wxGTK-gl-2.6.1.0-4.i586.rpm
wxGTK-devel-2.6.1.0-4.i586.rpm

Then i start gEda installation.The installer complain that it can't find
pkg-config while it was installed (version 0.19-5)i let the installer to
reinstall pkg-config (installs version 0.15.0).
The gEda install with errors in the following packages:

ngspice
gspiceui
gerbv
Icarus Verilog
GTKWave

Tomorrow i will try to find the reasons for those fails. Any suggestions
are welcome.I put snips from the log window for each fail package

************ ngspice************************

Failure executing command ./configure --prefix=/home/babis/geda-install
--enable-xspice --with-readline=yes, ReturnCode = 1

==============  Error!  ======================
I can't configure ngspice for you; check the log for the reason why.
I have experienced an error while installing this program!
Error string: I can't configure ngspice for you; check the log for the
reason why.

************* gspiceui ***************

make[1]: *** [obj/AppGSpiceUI.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/babis/geda-sources/gspiceui/gspiceui-v0.7.56/src'

make: *** [all] Error 2

Failure executing command make, ReturnCode = 2

==============  Error!  ======================
I can't make gspiceui for you; check the log for the reason why.
I have experienced an error while installing this program!
Error string: I can't make gspiceui for you; check the log for the reason why.

************ gerbv ***************

drill.c: In function ?parse_dr

drill.c:220: error: invalid lvalue in assignment

drill.c:221: error: invalid lvalue in assignment

make[2]: *** [drill.o] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/babis/geda-sources/gerbv/gerbv-1.0.1/src'

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/babis/geda-sources/gerbv/gerbv-1.0.1'

make: *** [all] Error 2

Failure executing command make, ReturnCode = 2

==============  Error!  ======================
I can't make gerbv for you; check the log for the reason why.
I have experienced an error while installing this program!
Error string: I can't make gerbv for you; check the log for the reason why.

************** Icarus Verilog *****************

checking for strip... strip

checking for gperf... no

*** Warning: No suitable gperf found. ***

    The gperf package is essential for building ivl from

    CVS sources, or modifying the parse engine of ivl itself.

    You can get away without it when simply building from

    snapshots or major releases.

checking for flex... no

*** Error: No suitable flex found. ***

    Please install the 'flex' package.

Failure executing command ./configure --prefix=/home/babis/geda-install,
ReturnCode = 1

==============  Error!  ======================
I can't configure Icarus Verilog for you; check the log for the reason why.
I have experienced an error while installing this program!
Error string: I can't configure Icarus Verilog for you; check the log for
the reason why.

*************** GTKWave ********************

checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... yes

checking for xml2-config... no

checking for libxml - version >= 2.4.0... no

*** The xml2-config script installed by LIBXML could not be found

*** If libxml was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in

*** your path, or set the XML2_CONFIG environment variable to the

*** full path to xml2-config.

configure: error: Cannot find libxml2: Is xml2-config in path?

Failure executing command ./configure --prefix=/home/babis/geda-install,
ReturnCode = 1

I can't configure GTKWave for you; check the log for the reason why.
I have experienced an error while installing this program!
Error string: I can't configure GTKWave for you; check the log for the
reason why.

Regards
Charalampos Alexopoulos