Re: gEDA-user: Autogeneration of schematic symbols

On 11/6/05, Ales Hvezda <ahvezda@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> [snip]
> >http://vivara.net/cgi-bin/gschem-digikey.cgi
> >
> >Enter the digi-key part number and get a gschem component back.
>
>         Hey, that's pretty cool!  Any chance of making all the backend
> code available for people to study. :)  Who knows, maybe people will
> may be able to lend a hand.  Thanks,
>
>                                                 -Ales

It's mostly based on 'digikey.py' which has been on my website
forever.  I did some refinement, though, and I should release a new
version.

I also have a companion script whcih will take the BOM and prepare the
digikey order for you, using Python webbrowser controller library.
Because when I fill out an order by hand, I'll surely make typos and
dyslexia errors.  I can put that code in the release as well.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--
You think that it is a secret, but it never has been one.
  - fortune cookie