Re: gEDA-user: connector with wires going across/through connector

Hi Bert,

[snip]
>I would like to make a symbol that can be drawn on the schematic so that =
>wires go through/across the symbol.

	You should be able to do this.  In the past (older version; I don't
remember when I added the concept of pin polarity) you could not.

	In new versions, pins have a polarity which is significed by the
red end on the pin.  Only the end with the red end will register a connection.
So, just draw your symbol as you normally would making sure that the
red ends point outwards.

>What is the best way to do this?
>
>Can I put two pins with the same pin number, one facing left and the =
>other facing right?  Will this cause problems with DRC?

	Here you lost me.  Why would you have two pins with the same
pin number ever?  Please send me a sample symbol with what you have in
mind and that will help in my understanding.  Thanks,

							-Ales