Re: gEDA-user: m32c expansion board works!

John Luciani wrote:
On 11/2/06, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've got blinky lights!

Congratulations.

Nothing like the immense satisfaction of the blinky light. Difficult
to explain to
others the amount of joy a single flashing LED brings ;-)

Except for those who have experienced that joy. When I was in grad school, I had this relatively large board which was a characterization platform for a chip I'd designed. I had an old sparc station which connected via a serial port to the board. The board had a microcontroller on it that listened to the serial port and provided a simple command line interface that let you write data to both my chip and an fpga via a SPI interface. My exciting blinking LED was when I could press the "L" button on the sparc and turn on a LED on the board. It meant my software on the sparc, hardware on the board, firmware on the micro, and firmware on the fpga were all at least partially functional. Getting the rest of the board to work was easy!

-Dan