Re: gEDA-user: Fiducial

Jeff VR wrote:

>Is you soldermask clear enough?
I'm not sure. I haven't ordered my boards yet. My assembler requires the fiducial to not have the soldermask so the vision equipment is sure to get an accurate reading.

you should not have paste or soldermask over the fiducial.

>Does this need to be a feature?
I'm not an expert in PCB layout tools but given the importance of a good fiducial it seems worthy of some development time.

I think it is important but I'm not sure when I'll have time. I wonder if maybe just a "nopaste" flag for pins/pads is enough. The soldermask opening is already supported. If a 'nopaste' flag is allowed I wonder if running drc should give you a count of how many pads have 'nopaste'. You'd hate to blow a stencil because you accidentally turned off the solderpaste on 17 pads on a 240 pin fpga...

-Dan