Re: gEDA-user: Trouble with Component Editing

Adrian Nania wrote:
A whole pile of problems I am fighting with could be avoided on Component Editing level if the active red end of a pin could be forced to stay _only_ on a 100 mils grid (or whatever the default choice). I need to be able to move the inactive white end on the grid I will choose (for symbols with round body for example) but if the red active end “slips” from 100 mils grid, the resulting mess is useless. Could somebody implement a “checkbox” like option “force active end on 100 mils” or “automatically realign all red ends”?

Adrian,

Try 'snap grid spacing'. 'o shift-s' in keys. I've never seen Gschem get off the grid if you rigorously use this when creating symbols. You want your pins to be defaulted to a .300 spacing.

pt