RE: gEDA-user: gEDA user with problems

Hello Carlos,

Your test is working. I have identified gedadata as the used directory. Inside of the /etc/gEDA/system-gschemrc file I have replaced gedadatarc:
(load (string-append gedadata "/scheme/auto-uref.scm"))
Now the auto numbering is fine.

I do have another stupid question. If I want to apply the auto numbering for all the components used in my schematic, looks like I need to select one by one all the different component refdes: C, Q, R, U, X
If I have other components, like L or Tr, I do not have auto numbering? What about if I want to apply auto numbering to all the different types, in all the pages in one single step? I have tried ?all? and ?current sheet? but is not related to ?all the different refdes in all the pages at once?.

And one more question related to the library alphabetically order. Ales told me not to use the rc keyword, but I do not know where not to use this keyword? This is a quote from my HOWTO:

---- begin quote
There is a bug on gschem. The alphabetically order is messed-up when an user is trying to add his own library files.
My workaround is to rename two library files, /usr/share/gEDA/sym/74 and /usr/share/gEDA/sym/4000 like TTL74 and CMOS4000.
sudo mv /usr/share/gEDA/sym/74 /usr/share/gEDA/sym/TTL74
sudo mv /usr/share/gEDA/sym/4000 /usr/share/gEDA/sym/CMOS4000
The reason is when one needs to add his own libraries to the list, the browser it will open one *.sym library with the content from a previous library.
Each user must rename his library to start with some numbers, like 0000-LibraryName.sym to 9999-LibraryName.sym
This way, the user-added libraries are placed first on the library list and the content will not be scrambled.
This is happening with the Ubuntu Edgy version of gEDA.
With the CD or the CVS version is the same problem but mirrored. One need to add his own libraries to the end of the alphabetically list.
So, no need to rename TTL74 and CMOS4000 but any user-added library must be renamed to start with something like zzzz-LibraryName.sym
zzzz in front of the name it will place the added library to the end of the browser list, to avoid the scrambling bug.
Late Note: Ales Hvezda disagree with using the rc keyword, but I am not quite sure what that means and what to use instead?
The second file we need to modify is /etc/gEDA/system-gafrc
sudo gedit /etc/gEDA/system-gafrc
Just identify the lines we need to modify and apply the changes.
For the library scrambling bug:
;(component-library "${GEDADATA}/sym/74")
;(component-library "${GEDADATA}/sym/4000")
(component-library "${GEDADATA}/sym/TTL74")
(component-library "${GEDADATA}/sym/CMOS4000")
Now is the interesting part of adding user libraries. My choice to keep my own gEDA libraries is: /home/projects/gEDA-lib/sym
Change accordingly this path to your preferred location:
;(component-library-search "${GEDADATA}/sym")
(component-library-search "/home/projects/gEDA-lib/sym")
--- end quote

Thanks,
Adrian