Re: gEDA-user: Wishes, bugs and misunderstandings

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

1) gsch2pcb should look at $HOME/.pcb/preferenes for layer names and
layer groups of the pcb file it produces.
[jg]gsch2pcb has some breakage with the latest pcb. It generated some non-pcb syntax -- How big a task is creating a pcb-driving version of gsch2pcb Dan? That would also get all the consistency with changes to pcb to be automatic...

2) Feature request: gschem and pcb both don't seem to present a list of
recently loaded files in the file menu.
[jg]To me, gschem seems ahead -- if I close and reopen just the library window, it is up to date. PCB would benefit from footprint create or install on the fly, then place in a running PCB program.

3) Similar functions in gschem and pcb should be called by the same key
accelerators.
[jg]I'd like to have some single key bind keys in gschem, and pcb-menu.res programmability in PCB will get more happy users.

3a) I miss the sort of standard accelerators [ctrl-c], [ctrl-v], [ctrl-z],
[ctrl-shift-z], [ctrl-s], [ctrl-f] and [ctrl-a]
[jg]You can have those now with the lesstif compile of PCB.

3b) Please add a key accelerator for the grid size dialog.
[jg]I like this. key bindings for all the size possibilities uses lots of available alphabet or puts you into 2 key combinations needed.

4) Feature request gschem: show the current grid size in the status bar.
[jg]Always good....

John G