Re: gEDA-user: Board fabrication

John Griessen wrote:
What if we made a via shape for ease of non-automated drilling, (for prototyping)? I think a concentric circle of copper to aim the drill bit in and keep it from walking away from the center of the larger via or mounting hole would be helpful.

I've used small vias w/ blown-up pads to center drill holes. you have to drill some copper, but using hs drills it doesn't seems to be a problem.

Luciani has an approach to this and a lot of his parts have a cross for drill alignment of bigger holes. I have worked on some old electronics that were hand-built and it's clear that they center punched on crosses to get drills lined up.

Nice as it sounds, I don't think pcb will let you put a via inside a via and still generate output.

phil