Re: gEDA-user: Generating a postscript from gschem

Hi,

Karel Kulhavy <clock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 05:30:31PM -0500, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> >>
> > 	* More information would be useful, like a sample broken postscript
> > 	file.  Reports without basic information are not that useful
> > 	and usually get a "Works for me" response. :)
> >
> > My initial guess is something is wrong with your installation.  I only
say
> > this because I'm assuming there would be more bug reports / screaming if
> > ps printing didn't work at all.
>
> OK attached.

This looks like the postscript prolog is missing from the output.  Right
now, if the code can't find the prolog, it just silently creates garbage
Postscript.  I still have to fix the line drawing code to output lines that
match up with the default size of nets and pins when the line width is equal
to 0.

Have you customized the system-gschem files?  If so, you will need to bring
in the line that points libgeda at the prolog file.  If you have an older
version of the config file in the default search place, it probably does not
have the needed line in it.  Are there any log messages that get printed
when you print?

                              Mike Jarabek
                                FPGA/ASIC Designer
   http://www.istop.com/~mjarabek