Re: gEDA-user: latest mini-project: R8C SDIP adapter

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 19:32:36 -0500
Dan McMahill <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> graced us with this prophetic message:

> DJ Delorie wrote:
> > One-day project, so I can play with an R8C mcu:
> >
> > 	http://www.delorie.com/pcb/r8c-1b-adapter/
> >
> > Anyone know how to clean off "no clean" flux?  I just want to pretty
> > up the board, and make it less sticky.
>
> I'd try either water or the "usual" flux cleaner.  FWIW, I don't trust
> "no clean" flux.  I want it off.  I don't have any scientific data, but
> have seen some anecdotal evidence that leaving it on may cause some
> issues (undesired conduction paths showing up over time).
>
> -Dan

Hi,

DON'T use water.  This actually re-activates the flux which is not what is desired,
and also leaves a white residue making the joint look uglier than if it's not cleaned
up.

Rick.