Re: gEDA-user: no pins in JUMPER10

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 15:00:19 -0500
"John Luciani" <jluciani@xxxxxxxxx> graced us with this prophetic message:

[snip]
> I did not add Y for crystal since I have never seen a schematic that
> used that convention (I also have not seen a lot of Spice schematics ;-)

I'll chime in here real quick.  Background: I work as a PC assembly reworker at
a contract electronics manufacturer.  I don't deal with the schematics directly but
I do deal with the PCBs and I've seen crystals indicated via the silk screen on
the PCB as either Xn or Yn, mostly depending on what the customer wanted when
they designer their circuit.

Further, I've also seen RPn for a Resister Pack, which is equivalent to a resistor
network.  And Dn, LDn, and LEDn for LEDs.  And TVn for Transient Voltage
Suppressors (Transorbs?).

> I have also seen SPKR<n>  for speaker and piezoelectronic buzzers as well as
> PB<n> for just piezoelectronic buzzers. I did not add these since there is
> probably something better.

I've also seen PBn indicate a Push Button switch (momentary tactile type, generally).

> (* jcl *)
>
> --
> http://www.luciani.org

Essentially, what this all means is that the really common parts have defacto standard
designators, but parts that aren't used quite as much will have some variations.  Hope
this helps some.

Rick.