Re: gEDA-user: Board fabrication

> Wow, it's already there!  The circles seem small -- is starting with
> a small drill , then using a large one the recommended way to use
> this pcb feature?

The theory is that drill runout is a fixed amount, so larger drills
wouldn't need a physical helper, just a visual target, because
presumably they'd have more copper around them so precision isn't as
neccessary.  Smaller holes are more critical about placement, and then
the target is closer to the drill tip size.  The helper should guide
the tip, but you shouldn't need to use multiple sizes.

Twist drill bits should come to some sort of a point.  For larger
holes, brad point drills have a small point that works well with the
helpers.

I'm open to suggestions though.

> I had to use export to ps to see it...

That's what I always do.  I use gv to preview them, and select which
pages to print.