Re: gEDA-user: Re: gEDA-announce: Free Dog Gathering on Wed Dec 6th (one week and one day from today)

Hi Peter --

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Peter Clifton wrote:

[snip]

The meeting will be an open and informal working session.  Some
time has elapsed since our last gathering and a lot has happened, so
there is much to discuss!   Bring your laptop!  Some items on
the agenda are:

These two are of interest to us here... so I wounder if there is some way we might be able to participate. Do you have internet / IRC during the meeting so we might be able to join in?

Good question. We have had requests for IRC (and video feed) in the
past, but haven't done anything to implement it yet. Starbucks does have wireless service, but they have one of those evil corporate
plans where you have to pay. OTOH, there are plenty of free/open
community wireless spots around Cambridge and Boston. Maybe there
will be one near enough the Starbucks that we can use it? Maybe one
of the participants can bring a wireless laptop and we can try to find
an open network? Ales, John? (My laptop is still in the stone ages,
wireless-wise.)

We can also discuss other venues around town where we can get
community wireless.....

* All those branches in CVS! How to merge them?
How on earth to manage the no-screen testing changes in a way which
doesn't create temporary breakage, or as one uber patch.

Yes, all this is open for discussion. One of the points behind Free Dog is to catalyze getting things done. We will likely discuss and agree upon (hopefully) who will do the merging and when. A code sprint during January has been mooted, so perhaps a big test and mergeathon could occur then? Or during the Christmas lull beforehand?

* What's going on with DBUS?
Work slowed due to time constraints, however much of the core is in
place. It needs tidying up, testing, and hopefully including in PCB.

Thanks! Maybe we'll try out what you have if we have time!

Date: Wednesday, December 6th, 2006.  (*** Note day ***)
Time: 7:00pm

Is that EST? That makes it 12PM here I think.

Yes, it's EST. We get together after work..... Makes it hard to participate from across the pond. Sorry! We should do some recon on our side about the availability of wireless before you drink a gallon of coffee and stay up all night to participate. Maybe we can do a trial run this weekend?

Stuart