gEDA-user: Re: gEDA-announce: Free Dog Gathering on Wed Dec 6th (one week and one day from today)

[snip]

> The meeting will be an open and informal working session.  Some
> time has elapsed since our last gathering and a lot has happened, so
> there is much to discuss!   Bring your laptop!  Some items on
> the agenda are:

These two are of interest to us here... so I wounder if there is some
way we might be able to participate. Do you have internet / IRC during
the meeting so we might be able to join in?

> *  All those branches in CVS!  How to merge them?
How on earth to manage the no-screen testing changes in a way which
doesn't create temporary breakage, or as one uber patch.
> *  What's going on with DBUS?
Work slowed due to time constraints, however much of the core is in
place. It needs tidying up, testing, and hopefully including in PCB.

The glib version worked fine and was very simple, however this was
droped in favour of a solution which would work independent of the gtk
HID.

The raw libdbus version is nearly there. Support for it in the HIDs is
done, (and could probably be merged any time now). The hooks and
infrastructure to call the DBUS code are in place, and could be merged
(so long as ./configure is not used with --with-dbus it will not break
the build, even if applied on its own).

The DBUS code still needs some work, mostly things like keeping track of
hooks it has set up with the HID and ensuring they are removed as
appropriate. I've had DBUS integration working with GTK and Lesstif.

> *  Guile 1.8 bug -- Oh no!  Another link library bug!
> *  DJ's challange board: How can people even see those components?
Looking forward to this myself. I may try comparing hand soldering one
with solder paste and hot air reflow.

> *  Next code sprint: When shall we hold it?
> *  PCB's teardrop plug-in.  Let's try it out!
Looks very cool. Haven't had a chance to try it myself yet though.

> *  QUCS -- Let's take it out for another spin.
> *  Whatever you've been up to...

> Date: Wednesday, December 6th, 2006.  (*** Note day ***)
> Time: 7:00pm

Is that EST? That makes it 12PM here I think.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,