Re: gEDA-user: Simulation troubles ...

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 20:30:14 -0500, al davis wrote:

> A serious viewer for analog simulation data can plot any data against
> any other, show in the S plane, show triggered data such as "eye"
> diagrams, do math on the waveforms, overlay waveforms scaled and time
> shifted, ......  And ... it has an extension language.  It also
> supports, or at least doesn't interfere with, the scripting ability of
> the simulator.

This sounds like a description of gnuplot. xmgrace would fit too. Both of
them are pretty easy to drive from an application written in c. Both are
can produce publication quality output. Both are well documented. When I
had a similar task, I went for xmgrace, because its GUI is active while
data from the application is streaming in.

Any reason to reinvent the wheel?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak