Re: gEDA-user: Schematic Level DRC DIscussion

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:36:01 -0800, Dave N6NZ wrote:

> once upon I time I was pretty fluent with Prolog.  I still have a
> knee-jerk aversion to the language outside of toy problems.

I should have placed a smiley...

Definition of rules shouldn't require knowledge of some kind of exotic
computer language. That's why scheme scripts wouldn't do the trick for
me. It is pure economy: How many schematics can I check manually while I
am busy fighting with syntax problems?

While the rule language should be powerful, it must be easy to
grasp -- at least for the most common cases.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog