Re: gEDA-user: firmware and the GPL license

Duncan Drennan wrote:
> I've been looking at using some GPL'ed firmware code on a USB board
> that I've designed.

> 2) What practical licenses are out there for this type of situation?

I think of how to partition things so a GPL chunk
is on one processor, and talks to a non-GPL code processor or
FPGA over a bus such as I2C bus or SPI bus.

No compiling together then.  Analogous to reading an A2D converter...
no viral influence on the ADC internal code.

Is this the  correct GPL interpretation?

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX