Re: gEDA-user: firmware and the GPL license

> As an LGPL'ed program, Lesstif is fully capable of linking against a
> proprietary program, and even being shipped with it.  The only thing
> is that source for Lesstif must accompany the distribution (by
> reference or by inclusion).  That's how I understand LGPL.

Er, right.  If Lesstif were GPL (not LGPL), my example would apply.
Since Lesstif is LGPL, it doesn't, if you use dynamic linking.  If you
used static linking, you'd have to ship object files for your
application.

(and I've been talking about the GPL to folks for almost 20 years now,
 and still get it wrong occasionally.  It's not always simple.)