Re: gEDA-user: Questions on downloading and installing gnucap and gwave

On Monday 19 November 2007, Robert Butts wrote:
> I use fedora 7 which does not have gwave.  The package
> manager did not list guile-1.6 so I downloaded guile-1.6.8
> and tried to install it using the same method you suggested
> for gwave.  I got the following results after trying
> ./configure:

> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of
> Makefiles... no checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> checking for cc... no
> checking for cl... no
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
> See `config.log' for more details.
> [root@localhost guile-1.6.8]#

That one is easy.  There is no compiler installed!  You can't
build anything.

To fix it, you need to install a compiler.  It isn't needed for
gwave, but if you want to compile gnucap, and its plugins, you
will need C++ too.

Try (as root) "yum install g++".  Then try "configure" again.