gEDA-user: gschem, attributes of in/out/power symbols

I tried to understand meaning of attributes.

For input/output and power symbols I am still not sure which are
attributes I should best use. Examples seem to be not all consistent.

Here is my own input symbol:

v 20070902 1
P 300 400 100 400 1 0 0
{
T 295 445 5 8 0 1 0 0 1
pinnumber=1
T 400 500 5 8 0 1 0 2 1
pinseq=1
T 150 600 5 8 0 1 0 5 1
pintype=in
}
T 100 650 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
author=Stefan Salewski
T 100 850 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
description=Input
T 100 1050 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
dist-license=GPL
T 100 1250 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
use-license=unlimited
L 0 500 100 400 3 0 0 0 -1 -1
L 100 400 0 300 3 0 0 0 -1 -1
T 100 296 5 10 1 1 0 1 1
value=name
T 100 1450 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
device=none
T 100 50 5 10 1 0 0 0 1
net=name:1

It is used to define (input) netnames in multi-schematic projects.

"net=name:1" gives a net connected to this pin the name "name".
In schematic this attribute is made invisible after modification.

"value=name" gives a visible copy of "name" without the irritating ":1".

Is "device=none" correct? I have seen "device=Input" in one symbol.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski