Re: gEDA-user: pcb: C-in-a-circle copyright?

PolyFonts -- that's what I was thinking of.

http://gameprogrammer.com/polyfonts/polyfonts.html

Has stroke, outline, and polygon fonts available under various licenses.
  Seems to me that the stroke fonts and associated API should be
relatively easy to integrate. The polygon fonts are made up of a mesh of
triangles and would scale very nicely, but that would require a new
primitive in PCB.

-dave