Re: gEDA-user: Missing the printable docs for gschem

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:23:52 +0100, Klaus Rudolph wrote:

> I need a subcircuit 16 times on a pcb,

I'd define special symbols with the desired subcircuit. There is a detailed
description in the wiki FAQ:
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq-gschem#can_my_local_library_cover_frequently_needed_sub_circuits

cite:
   1. Copy the subcircuit to a fresh sheet. (unlock and remove the default
      title block as you won’t need it)

   2. The values of refdes attributes should end with "?", to allow to
      auto number them later.

   3. Move the sub circuit to the lower left of the available space.
      (You can use symbol-translate from the edit menu)

   4. Save the sub circuit as a *.sym file in your local library.

   5. Choose “Include component as individual objects” when selecting
      this complex symbol for your actual schematic. The whole sub circuit
      will be pasted to your sheet. Be sure to switch back to the default
      mode for inclusion of ordinary symbols.

> All what I found is the
> geda-wiki which contains a lot of dead links and circular links to it
> self

Can you be a bit more specific: Which links are dead? Which circular?

> but not the information I need. And yes, I want it in a printable
> version like pdf or ps.

You volunteer to maintain the docs in various formats?

> 2) how to create subcircuits for gschm->pcb toolchain.

See above.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211