Re: gEDA-user: pcb printer calibration

> i was trying to calibrate my printer, so i measure the X and Y lines
> with a caliper and i get x=3,975 in Y=4,999 in (if i've read
> correctly my caliper :-))

Hopefully, you haven't.  Those lines should both be 4 inches long.  If
you type in "4" for both answers, you end up with calibration values
of 1.0.

What it does is try to guess which line you measured, and compute the
ratio of what you measured to what it drew.  So if you measure the 15
cm line and type in 14.9, it computes 14.9/15.  If you enter a value
that's more than 10% off of any of the line lengths, it doesn't know
what you measured, so complains.