gEDA-user: Strange issue with images and printing

Howdy guys,

I'd noted this before, but it had been a while and it still seems to
be an issue.

If I place an image, say, a logo, on my schematic, if I do not zoom in
on it before printing, gschem will print it very blocky, like it
scales it to what it is currently set to on the screen inside of
scaling it properly for print.

Confused?

OK, if I zoom extents, and print, the resultant print (or postscript)
ends up with a chunky, distorted image.

If I zoom in such that the image completely fills my screen, and print
again, the image comes out looking perfect.

Wonder what does that?

-Steve