Re: gEDA-user: gschem: Simple text-substitution macros for textlabels?

I was just looking into this myself.  You have to explicitly tell SVN
that it can modify your file by setting the svn:keywords property, ie:

$ svn propset svn:keywords "LastChangedDate Author" schematic.sch

Of course, I have not tested, but this is what the docs at http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s02.html
  say.