gEDA-user: Problem with OGD1: Can anyone advise on good low-jitter

Sorry about the cross-post.  We're -><- THIS close to getting OGD1
done, with artwork in the hands of board makers who are working on
quotes, and we've discovered a problem that could make the video
output unacceptable.

We've discovered that the clock generators in the Xilinx FPGA part are
lousy for generating video clocks.  We're seeing like 900ps of jitter,
which causes artifacts on DVI monitors at resolutions as low as
1280x1024 when the cable gets beyond a certain length.  (I don't
recall all the details.)

One option is to use the clock generators in the Lattice part, but
even they have like 400ps of jitter, and they also severely limit the
range of frequencies we can generate.

So the best solution we can come up with is to put on some external
clock generators.  One for each video head.  Problems:  (1) more time
to mod the design, (2) up to $15 each for the generators, (3) we have
no idea what generators to use, how good they are, how to wire them.

Does anyone know anything about these?  Do you have experience with
specific high-frequency clock generators and know how they perform and
what kind of jitter they produce?

Unfortunately, it could take quite a long time for us to find
suppliers of clock generators, get samples, wire them up and test
them, etc., so we just need find out if someone out there already has
the right answer or knows where to look for it.

Thank you for your time!

--
Timothy Normand Miller
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~millerti