Re: gEDA-user: gschem, howto prevent generation of .sch~ backup files?

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 23:54 +0000, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> On Thursday 29 November 2007 20:12:56 Steven Michalske wrote:
> > Pain in my ass,  temporary auto backups belong in /tmp
>
> Please file feature request (I will look into it, but only after the next
> release).

I'm not sure I wholly agree here. /tmp is often cleared by the distro on
bootup, and an auto-save backup ought to survive a power-failure
incident. If /tmp is might be cleared on the next boot, we should avoid
saving such important files there.

Many programs save files with ~ endings in the work dir (I don't like it
much though). Others save hidden files (e.g. vim's swp file), and make
sure they are deleted on successful save so we don't end up with hidden
clutter.

Just some extra possibilities.

Peter C.