Re: gEDA-user: 2 make errors installing gwave

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 22:55 -0500, Dan McMahill wrote:
> al davis wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 November 2007, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> >>  Yeah, I know that several people will now chime in and say
> >> "It's easy!
> >
> > I think he's using Fedora ...  Isn't there a package available?
> >  How about:
> >     "yum install gwave"
> >

> > ....  but you are correct. There is a real problem here.
> > and the creator of gwave doesn't hang out here.
>
> it doesn't help that guile-gtk basically died.  gwave either has to do a
> rewrite and dump guile-gtk or it has to use guile-gnome (or whatever it
> is called) which adds another whole large pile of dependencies.
> Otherwise it is stuck with guile-gtk that uses gtk1.

The latest gwave uses GTK2, with guile-gnome etc.. This said, there were
some issues I encountered when building it (harder than gwave in some
cases), and it didn't seem as stable (so I kept using the older gwave
for "production" use).

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,