Re: gEDA-user: Problem with gEDA Makefile on ubuntu

On Sat, 2008-11-01 at 17:45 -0500, Craig Niederberger wrote:
> After investigating some more, I realized the vanilla automake on
>    ubuntu is pretty old.  I upgraded to automake 1.9, got a truckload of
>    errors, then downgraded to automake 1.7.  This is what I'm getting
>    now.  Is anyone familiar with the errors
>    aclocal: macro `AM_PROG_MKDIR_P' required but not defined
>    aclocal: macro `AM_PROG_MKDIR_P' required but not defined

Sounds like your checkout is messed up in terms of its autoconf
infrastructure.

You'll need to re-run ./autogen.sh in the various source directories (or
make reconfig from the toplevel).

That should sort things out, then just "make install" from the
top-level.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,