Re: gEDA-user: Problem with gEDA Makefile on ubuntu

On Sat, 2008-11-01 at 17:15 -0500, Craig Niederberger wrote:

> Hi Gurus,
>
> I'm migrating from fedora to ubuntu, and am trying to build gEDA from
> the repo.  I keep getting
>
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in
>
> (see the end of the pasted output at the bottom of this post.)  I've
> done the following:
>
> sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) build-essential gcc-3.4
> sudo apt-get install git-core automake intltool
> sudo apt-get install guile-1.8 guile-1.8-dev libglib2.0-dev
> libgtk2.0-dev
> sudo apt-get install tetex-bin tetex-base doxygen
> sudo apt-get install gettext gettext-base

You might also want:

sudo apt-get install build-essential

You can cheat and fetch a load of the relevant dependencies for gEDA
1.4.0 which comes with Ubuntu, with:

apt-get build-dep libgeda

They should mostly be the same deps as for the git HEAD version, give-or
take guile versions. (Just checked on my box, /usr/bin/gschem links
against guile 1.8, and I "think" its the Ubuntu version I have
in /usr/bin).

BTW.. worth updating your git checkout again now, as several useful
bug-fixes have just gone in.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,