Re: gEDA-user: OT: OpenOCD?

Hello.

Am 02.11.2008 um 01:58 schrieb John Doty:

> Anybody using OpenOCD? I looking at an Atmel AT91SAM7X-EK board for
> prototyping a data acquisition device, with the eventual intention of
> designing a custom board around the AT91SAM7X256 processor with gEDA.
> I need to program it somehow, and Windoze is alien to both the end
> users and me.
>
> I'd be interested in any experiences. There are no doubt other places
> to inquire, but I feel I understand the viewpoints of folks on this
> list, and they are more likely to be close to mine.

Well, there are a couple of programming adapters like USBProg (www.embedded-projects.net
) with USB to JTAG interfaces. This is very usefull to program the
Atmel. The driver souce code is completly free or Linux. IMHO I heard
of a project around that adapter, which bring the OpenOCD to the
Atmels. It's just a another firmware for the Atmel on the USBProg.

Hope this helps.
Hagen SANKOWSKI