Re: gEDA-user: GerberViewr gerbv

DJ Delorie wrote:
>> Just tried it out but it's not as comfy as programs like GCPreView
>> in Windows. The docs said it can display layers in transparent view
>> but only if built with cairo. The version that downloaded from
>> Ubuntu is 2.0.1 and it doesn't seem to be able do that. Only solid
>> colors are offered.
>
> Did you try changing the rendering mode from "fast" or "normal" to
> "high quality"?

Thanks! "High Quality" did it. As Kai-Martin wrote it became really slow
after the switch. However, that would be ok if you want to check some
details on a smaller board. Right now I am looking at a 16" by 16", that
requires a lot of patience ;-)

Now if one could combine the OCR capabilities of some other Linux
programs with gerbv that would be really sweet ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.