Re: gEDA-user: footprint

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 19:33 +0000, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I probably made some thing wrong when I createdmy own footprint because
> pcb is not happy: my board.pcb generates an error.
> In fact the error is due to the what is inside my.fp file:
>
> FileVersion[20070407]
>
> PCB["" 79000 91001]

This is becoming a FAQ, and we should do something about it..

Either teach gsch2pcb to spot these and complain (short term), or in the
longer term plan of making gsch2pcb _use_ PCB, we ought to be able to
teach PCB to recognise the wrong type of file when it tries to place
this as a footprint.

Bonus points for some heuristic which can spot if the PCB file obviously
just contains one element, and adds a single-click "fix this problem"
button to the resulting dialog box.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,