Re: gEDA-user: Missing I/O symbol with refdes [pin] in sch. for the symbol [x1]

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 07:57 +0530, Rama krishnan wrote:
> Hi
>        When I do a schematic with Hierarchy and try to netlist it,
>    I'm getting this error, Missing I/O symbol with refdes [pin] in sch.
>    for the symbol [x1]
>     I came to know that gnetlist is popping this error and s_hierarchy.c
>    has the error messageand not the backend. But I don't know what to .
>    How to solve this?

For hierarchical schematics, the netlister is looking for some component
(IO pin), with a refdes equal to the pin-label on the symbol you used to
represent that block.

So, I presume the symbol you instantiated as X1, has a pin with label
"pin" somewhere, and the schematic describing X1 does not have an IO
symbol with that refdes.

Fix the schematic for X1, or the pin label on its symbol.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,