Re: gEDA-user: missing footprints list

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 14:53 +0200, Duncan Drennan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to generate a list of missing (required) footprints
> from gsch2pcb? i.e. a list of all the footprints that still need to be
> created.

This isn't currently possible with gsch2pcb, you might consider filing a
feature request on the source-forge tracker:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=161080&atid=818429

However,

xgsch2pcb does pop up a dialog with a list of footprints it couldn't
find after you update the board. If you've already placed a
footprint=.... attribute on the components, this is perhaps what you
want.

On later Debian / Ubuntu versions, "sudo apt-get install geda-xgsch2pcb"

I believe it is also packaged for SuSE, and possible Fedora.

xgsch2pcb will load your existing gsch2pcb project files, and uses
gsch2pcb under the hood.

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton